DONATIONS

75% of all donations end up back on the road, the other 25% are recycled.



Free Recycling

*Donations in the shops:* You can donate bikes by dropping them into our shop in Phibsboro (171 Phibsboro Road, Dublin 7) or to our shop in Fade St (16 Fade St, Dublin 2). We don’t have the facility to collect bikes individually. 

*Donations at recycling centres:* Rothar has partnered up with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and the bikes gone to the recycling centre in Ballyogan (Click here for website) or the Ringsend Recycling facility (Click here for website) will be donated to Rothar. So if you live nearby and wish to donate a bike to us, you can do so by taking it to the recycling centre!

Collections

*Call out charge:*
We don’t have the facility to collect bikes individually. We are also charged to dispose of tyres, therefore we cannot collect bikes from individuals or organisations for free anymore. To cover our costs, we need to charge 100e per collection, regardless of the amount of bicycles. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Since we began in 2008 we have sent out 3000 second hand bikes into the streets of Dublin. We have diverted 5000 bicycles from landfill. We reuse anything and everything that can be reused! That’s not to mention that bikes offer an environmental alternative to cars and a real solution to the congested streets of Dublin. 75% of all donations end up back on the road, the other 25% are recycled. And thank you. Without your donations we wouldn’t have very much to do!

We will take any bike!