COMING IN JANUARY - BRAKES MASTERCLASS - fix our own bike at home - 3 hour class
If you want to learn more, and / or become a home mechanic to fix your bike and your family's, then the Masterclasses are for you.
We recommend you sign up for this class only if you have followed our intro to brakes class or equivalent, as it is fast paced.
Our masterclasses are very hands on, as there are only 4 people per class.Things you will learn, and more if we have time:
- How to replace a cable
- How to replace pads
- How to replace a brake system
- How to center calipers and V
You will be working on your own bike, so please bring it with you! You will also work on other bikes to learn about other brake systems.
Why book with us?
- Rothar's training programme is female led - we want to bring diversity in the bike world.
- Small classes - you'll get the attention you need.
- We provide tools, equipment, workstands - just bring your own bike.
- Our training centre is ideally located in the Liberties - you could not do any more central.
- We believe in fixing things and saving resources. And we think it is our mission to spread the knowledge.
- Climate change is here, and bikes are one of the answers. The more people on bikes the better.
- We know what we are doing - Aisling and Anne have been fixing bikes for 30 years (combined)
Want to become certified with City&Guilds? This is one unit for Level 1. If you want to know more just ask us.
All our classes are held in Bridge centre, 131-133 Francis street. Map and directions here
The classes start on time. Please let us know in advance if you will be late as the front desk is not manned at this time
We can only reschedule your date if there is a waiting list and we are able to re-sell your spot.
If you are unable to attend the workshop you can give your place to your friend or family member. Please email us as soon as you can before the course with the name and contact details of the person attending in your place.
If we are advised by the Government to postpone the workshops we will resume them as soon as it is possible.
Where can I contact you with any questions?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rothar and Bridge (ChangeWorks training) reserve the right to cancel or postpone a training class if necessary. If the training is cancelled, the learner is entitled to a full refund.
We ask that you stay at home and do not attend our workshops if you are feeling symptomatic or have been advised by your GP to self-isolate.
Please wear a mask when indoors and during the class
What should I wear/bring?
Bring your own bike and wear comfortable clothes that you do not mind getting a bit messy.
Should I wear a mask? As per the government's regulations you will be required to wear a mask during the workshop.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
This course is for people aged 18 and above.
Is my booking transferrable?
You can transfer your booking into someone else's name - just let us know before they attend.
How do I contact you if I have any questions?
Please email us - email@example.com. Please do not call the shop as training and shop are separate entities and the staff won't be able to answer specific questions