Van Nicholas Amazon Cross titanium bike
Van Nicholas bikes are custom built. Build yours with this configurator
Carve up the track with aggressive geometry and oversized tubing and throw yourself into the mudspattered fun and furious passion of cyclocross racing.
- Frame: Amazon Cross
- Frame color: Hand Brushed Finish
- Front fork: VNT SLX Carbon
groups & brakes
- Group: Shimano 105 R7000
- Drive train: Compact 50-34T
- Brakes: Hydraulic Disc (group level)
wheels & tyres
- Wheel set: Mavic Aksium Disc
- Tyres: Schwalbe X-One Allround
- Handlebar: VNT Alloy 6066 WingShape
- Handlebar tape: Van Nicholas Natural Cork
- Color: Black
- Stem: VNT Alloy 6061
- Spacers: VNT Alloy
seat post & saddle
- Seat post: VNT Alloy
- Seat post collar: VNT Alloy 6066
- Saddle: VNT Leather
Titanium's unique properties make it an excellent material for bicycle frame construction. Its high strength, low density, low modulus, excellent fatigue and corrosion resistance deliver a skeleton that is not only extremely strong and durable, but also incredibly lightweight.
Titanium does not break down, rust or corrode under any atmospheric conditions. Titanium is so resistant to corrosion it does not even need to be treated or painted. Now you know how magnificent a material titanium is to make bicycle frames with, doesn't it seem to shine just that little bit more?
How does it ride?
Similar to steel, titanium has an in-built flexibility, only it is more pronounced. Therefore it is ever so slightly 'springy', which means it can absorb road vibration before it reaches the rider (a titanium seat post more or less eliminates it). Consequently, you feel like you are gliding across tarmac, even when riding hard.
Nothing Beats Titanium
Unlike aluminium or carbon framesets, titanium will not snap in an accident. This is because like steel it gives a little. In fact, titanium is even more forgiving than steel, which is why its ride quality is so renowned. Also like steel it is incredibly strong. But it is lighter and it does not rust. This is one of the reasons why every Van Nicholas frame is guaranteed for the lifetime of its owner.
- Titanium is one of the most environmentally friendly metals.
- The combination of high strength and material formability gives titanium a ride quality that is second to none. It's stiff enough to prevent energy-loss through the tubing, but springy too, so road vibration is minimised enhancing comfort on long rides.
- Titanium lasts longer because fatigue life and corrosion resistance is better than any other material used for frame building in the world. How many non-titanium frames do you know of that are guaranteed for life?
- Titanium has excellent strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios. Using thin walled 0.8/0.9mm titanium tubing guarantees good fatigue life without sacrificing ride quality.
- Every frame we make is custom drawn. Each tube set is designed to maximise strength and performance by using differing diameters of tubing, in addition to utilizing ovalization, and biaxial ovalized tubing.
The bike will be available for pick-up during our opening hours, Tuesday - Saturday from 10am to 6pm. We would generally have the bike ready within 24 to 48 hours.
Please note this does not apply to e-bikes, cargo bikes and Achielle bikes. Bikes for Home Assembly will be shipped within 1-2 working days. We recommend you get the bike professionally assembled.
MORE ON OUR T&Cs here
If you want to buy this bike with the bike to work scheme, please send us an email email@example.com with the model of the bike you want, its size, its colour, and a list of accessories if any. We will then send you an invoice that will be processed by your employer.
More info on the bike to work scheme here