The Orbea Gain was designed to enhance your ride, not dominate it. Exceptionally light-weight, sportive and rideable, the Gain is everything you need to tick off the kilometers without removing yourself from the ride. Modern, integrated and sleek, the Orbea Gain has no bulky components to compromise the experience, minimising it all so that it's just you, Gain and the hours ahead.
Gain's control centre is an attractive and discreet button on the top tube, with the simple iWoc ONE interface you can power the system on or off, check assist level and view the remaining battery charge. Coloured LED lighting puts all the information you need right at your fingertips. Integration was a big target for Orbea when designing the Gain. Every step has been taken to find the lightest, smallest and most discreet unit, and thanks to the Enough Energy concept, it eliminates the need for a bulky, high-output battery that needs to be removed from the bike. And if you're planning on an extra-long epic, the Gain is compatible with a reserve battery that can be fitted in a bottle cage, allowing you to round that extra climb and get back again.
A smartphone and smartwatch compatible app enables deeper control of the iWoc system used by Gain. Ride tracking, activity and GPS route uploading, as well as a host of other functions.
The heart of the Gain is a rear hub motor, this sophisticated drive system provides enough smooth and reliable assistance at levels designed to enhance your ride, not dominate it. Since the motor is at the hub, you'll experience drag-free pedalling when the Gain is not providing a push. The Controller Area Network bus port offers a single interface solution for charging, system diagnore & external backup battery attachment. The drive itself is a smooth and balanced level of assistance that utilises advanced sensors. Inside the cassette lock-ring are 20 magnets that are detected by the integrated dropout sensor, this constant input monitoring adjusts power accordingly.
Gravel, Road or Commuting, the Orbea Gain is ready for it all. With clearance for up to 40c tyres, the ability to mount accessories like mudguards & its functional All-Road geometry, the Gain is an incredibly versatile bike - you can even attach a rack!
Orbea Gain D50 2019 Features
- Gravel, Road or Commuting, the Gain is a versatile bike with the ability to mount mudguards & a rack, as well as run up to 40c tyres for improved comfort & grip
- Modern, integrated and sleek, you'll find no bulky components to compromise the riding experience
- Discreet iWoc ONE interface control centre positioned on the top tube allows you to power the system on or off, check assist level and view the remaining battery charge through coloured LED lighting
- Enough Energy Concept led to a light, small & discreet unit that delivers just the right amount of power, complete with the ability to bring along an external battery in the bottle cage
- Rear hub motor delivers smooth and reliable assistance that constantly adjusts to the current power input, the hub motor also minimises drag when it's not providing a push
- Smartphone/watch compatible app enables deeper control of the iWoc system, including ride tracking, activity and GPS route uploading
Gain D50 2019 Build Highlights
- Shimano Tiagra 4700 10-speed groupset (11-32t / 34x50t)
- Shimano RS 405 hydraulic disc brakes
- Ready GR wheelset with Hutchinson Fusion 5 tyres
- FSA Omega Compact bar + Orbea OC-II stem
- Prologo Kappa Space STN saddle