Van Nicholas bikes are custom built. Build yours with this configurator
Designed with trail-shredding firmly in mind, the Tuareg needs to be ridden as hard and fast as you dare. Terrorise your local trails on this super-fast, lightweight speed machine.
- Frame: Tuareg 27.5
- Frame color: Hand Brushed Finish
- Front fork: RockShox Reba RL Solo Air 100mm
groups & brakes
- Group: Shimano Deore XT M8000
- Drive train: 1x11 32T
- Brakes: Shimano Deore XT M8000 Disc
wheels & tyres
- Wheel set: VNT hubs DT Swiss XR391 rims
- Tyre (front): Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25
- Tyre (rear): Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25
- Handlebar: VNT Alloy 2014 Riser
- Bar-ends: -
- Handlebar grips: VNT Lock-On
- Stem: VNT Alloy 6061
- Headset: FSA
- Spacers: VNT Alloy
- Headset cap: -
seat post & saddle
- Seat post: VNT Alloy 2014
- Seat post collar: VNT Alloy 6066
- Saddle: VNT Leather
Titanium does not break down, rust or corrode under any atmospheric conditions. Titanium is so resistant to corrosion it does not even need to be treated or painted. Now you know how magnificent a material titanium is to make bicycle frames with, doesn't it seem to shine just that little bit more?
How does it ride?
Similar to steel, titanium has an in-built flexibility, only it is more pronounced. Therefore it is ever so slightly 'springy', which means it can absorb road vibration before it reaches the rider (a titanium seat post more or less eliminates it). Consequently, you feel like you are gliding across tarmac, even when riding hard.
Nothing Beats Titanium
Unlike aluminium or carbon framesets, titanium will not snap in an accident. This is because like steel it gives a little. In fact, titanium is even more forgiving than steel, which is why its ride quality is so renowned. Also like steel it is incredibly strong. But it is lighter and it does not rust. This is one of the reasons why every Van Nicholas frame is guaranteed for the lifetime of its owner.
- Titanium is one of the most environmentally friendly metals.
- The combination of high strength and material formability gives titanium a ride quality that is second to none. It's stiff enough to prevent energy-loss through the tubing, but springy too, so road vibration is minimised enhancing comfort on long rides.
- Titanium lasts longer because fatigue life and corrosion resistance is better than any other material used for frame building in the world. How many non-titanium frames do you know of that are guaranteed for life?
- Titanium has excellent strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios. Using thin walled 0.8/0.9mm titanium tubing guarantees good fatigue life without sacrificing ride quality.
- Every frame we make is custom drawn. Each tube set is designed to maximise strength and performance by using differing diameters of tubing, in addition to utilizing ovalization, and biaxial ovalized tubing.