Handmade in Belgium. The best of both worlds, Ophelie combines a comfortable, upright sitting position with modern equipment. Carbon belt, hydraulic brakes, internal hub gears. Exclusively at Rothar.
- Genuine Dutch bike, hand-built in Belgium
- Step-thru riding position gives you power where you need it while maintaining the comfort of a city bike with easy mounting and dismounting
- Gates carbon belt drive, invented for use on motorcycles, is lube-free to keep pants clean and lasts up to 30,000km before needing replacement
- Full Dynamo lighting system - maintenance-free and anti-theft - that includes a 70 LUX front light and svelte Curana fender-integrated rear light
- Shimano Alfine 8-speed internal hub for steep hills and long flat straightaways
- Hydraulic disc brakes give you absolute stopping power, no matter the weather
- Brooks Cambium C17 saddle and grips for renowned Brooks comfort without the maintenance or break-in time of their traditional leather saddles
The Ophelie is a combination of classic looks and top notch specs. Needs zero maintenance except for tyre pumping. Puncture protection tyres, the carbon belt and hydraulic brakes makes you forget flats, greasy trousers and hesitant braking.
SPECS - choose them here - the price changes accordingly
|FRAME||Achielle CORUS Steel, hand-brazed, Powder Coated (made in Belgium)|
|FORK||Achielle CORUS Steel, hand-brazed, Powder Coated (made in Belgium)|
|STEM||Stainless Steel Quill 25.4|
|HANDLEBAR||Chrome-plated steel, custom bend|
|GRIPS||Lock-on Brooks Cambium Grips
|SEAT||Brooks Cambium C-17 (made in England)|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano Hydraulic Disc
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano Hydraulic Disc|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Saccon (made in Italy)|
|SHIFTER||Shimano Alfine trigger shifter|
|FRONT HUB||Shimano XT Dynamo|
|REAR HUB||Shimano Alfine 8-speed internal gear|
|SPOKES||13G Stainless Steel, 36 Spokes|
|RIMS||Ryde rims painted matte to match the bike frame (made in Holland)|
|TIRES||Continental Contact speed tires
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Sealed Cartridge 68mm/105mm|
|CRANKS||44T x 170mm Steel|
|CHAIN||Gates Carbon Belt Drive CDN (22T-50T)|
|COGSET||1/2" x 1/8" 22T|
|FRONT LIGHT||Busch & Muller IQ-XS, 70 LUX|
|REAR LIGHT||Busch & Muller built into Curana CLite Fenders|
|KICKSTAND||Altman Steel (made in Sweden)|
Curana CLite Fenders
DUBLIN DELIVERY OF FULLY ASSEMBLED ELECTRIC BIKES AND CARGO BIKES - 50€
You can get your bike fully assembled to your door for 50€ (flat fee) if you live in County Dublin. Please send us your Eircode. Please note this not apply to discounted bikes.
NATIONWIDE DELIVERY OF FULLY ASSEMBLED ELECTRIC BIKES AND CARGO BIKES - 90€
You can get your bike fully assembled to your door for 90€ (flat fee) to the rest of the country. Please send us your Eircode. Please note this does not apply to discounted bikes.
DELIVERY OF UNASSEMBLED BIKES (EXCEPT CARGO BIKES) - FREE OF CHARGE
Bikes for Home Assembly will be shipped within 1-2 working days in a box with An Post. We recommend you get the bike professionally assembled.
If you prefer picking up the bike from the shop, we are open Tuesday - Saturday from 10am to 6pm. We would generally have the bike ready within 24 to 48 hours.
MORE ON OUR T&Cs here
If you want to buy this bike with the bike to work scheme, please send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org with the model of the bike you want, its size, its colour, and a list of accessories if any. We will then send you an invoice that will be processed by your employer.
More info on the bike to work scheme here